Friday, April 29, 2011

Why is life so hard?

This talk can help give perspective and meaning to the hard things in life.


Elder Orson F. Whitney said: “No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. … All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable. … It is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire.”

Did you ever think about trials in life like that?

We don’t seek out tests, trials, and tribulations. Our personal journey through life will provide just the right amount for our needs. Many trials are just a natural part of our mortal existence, but they play such an important role in our progress.

I like where he says "just the right amount". It is personalised to what you need, and no more. Oh, I know you may think it is more than you need. Luckily God is in charge of that stuff. If left on my own I am sure I wouldn't come near to achieve my potential, since I wouldn't chose many challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment