Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tiptoe through the violets...

Tomorrow is "Take your child to work day". My husband's boss is awesome and invites ALL my kids to go to work with Dad. So tomorrow Phebe and I will drop Dad and kids at work and go do what we want to do.  That being...

Making violet jelly.

That's right. Tomorrow I am going to have a friend over and together we will make violet jelly.

The violets are already steeping. We are only making one batch right now. That way, if it is awful we won't have wasted lots of effort. I am pretty excited.


Today's news is - mattress shopping!
My generous sister watched the younger 3 children while Ethan and I went to a Select Comfort store to try out Sleep Number beds.

What was my opinion you ask?
They are nice. They are expensive. They are more than we had budgeted for. However they claim to last for a very long time. So in theory that means you will just make this one investment and won't have to buy another mattress for 20 years.

I am going to do some more research. I would love to hear your stories about mattress shopping. Did it work out well for you? What kind do you have? How long has it lasted? Would you recommend it?

I like horror stories too. So you can throw some mattress drama in if you would like.


On an unrelated note- I think Mr Winky Rex- the one eyed toad- seems to be suffering. He was doing well for a while, even moving around the tank. He has relapsed and I think death is pretty imminent. He had me fooled for a while there. I thought he might pull through. I guess we will just have to capture some other poor pathetic animal and pretend we are capable of keeping it alive.

Oh, and my 3 year old decided to "get on the 'puter". He managed to switch things around so you could only see what the computer was doing by turning on the tv connected to it. I had to have my husband stand in the living room yelling directions to me as to where to move the mouse to fix it.
"Down, down. Left, just a little."

Luckily it was fixable.

No comments:

Post a Comment