Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Desire

Dallin H. Oaks is probably my most favorite apostle. I love his talks. His topic this conference surprised me. Desire. As always however, what he had to say rang true. I highly recommend taking the time to listen or read this talk.




So.... I really don't even know what to say.

I loved so much of this talk and have so much I need to work on, I just don't think I can pick out sections to share with you.

Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions. The desires we act on determine our changing, our achieving, and our becoming.


I will share this little bit. ...The king did so and in mighty prayer declared, “I will give away all my sins to know thee … and be saved at the last day” I can admit it. I have what I call "pet sins". Sins that I really actually enjoy. Things that I some days just don't want to part with. I love how he says " I will give away all my sins to know thee." I need to strengthen my desire to achieve my potential.

Let us remember that desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions.

Seriously, take some time to take in this talk. It is so very good.

1 comment:

  1. We met Elder Oaks when he came to our stake for conference last August. It was right after Matthew got his haircut into an arrow. Matthew went right up to him and asked him out he keeps his head so shiny. Elder Oaks told him he rubs it with a towel every morning and make the motions of waxing his head. Then he rubbed Matthew's head all over. In the 2nd session of stake conference Elder Oaks told that story.

    He is Matthew's favorite too.

    ReplyDelete