Thursday, April 21, 2011

Smiles

Things that I am grateful for/ enjoy/ just make me smile.

  • The hysterical giggling of my infant when the wind blows on her face.
  • The ring pop that is being used as a binky, a very satisfying binky.
  • How quickly Caleb laughs. Doesn't matter how sad he thinks he is. The laughter will soon follow.
  • No matter how much puking Naomi has done in the last 24 hrs, none has hit the carpet. Linoleum, tile, pillow case- no carpet.
  • I can reason with Victor.
  • An egg made from side walk chalk went through a cycle in the dishwasher.
  • Mr. Winks, our one eyed toad seems to be happier and more mobile now.
  • Naomi has "poisonous pee." That is what happens when your sick, you know.
  • How instantly gratifying it is to vacuum saltines crumbs or cereal out of a dark blue carpet. So what if it immediately get dirty from some other mess?
  • Running water, especially hot water.
  • The beetle sticker I found on the bathroom mirror.
  • The image of Phebe standing on a chair in front of a window, pulling the curtain in front of her face yelling something that resembled Peek-a-boo!
  • Victor asking me to please stop talking ( my voice is hoarse, as I am recovering from congestion).However, when it came time to read a story, I was allowed to speak.
  • That everything to my kids is "family.... ". Let's have family dancing night! Or family home evening! Or family movie night! Or family wrestling night!
  • Naomi told me "yesterday your voice was so beautiful."
  • The look on Phebe's face when she pulled a full basket of laundry off the chair and onto herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment