Sunday, April 3, 2011

Amusing things from General Conference

I will write a serious post about what I loved from General Conference when I have a bit more time. For the moment I wanted to share these more memorable moments of conference being watched in my living room.

It was a bit fuzzy at first Victor declared " I wish they presented this in HD."
Naomi announced it looked like they were made of Legos.

Because we were watching over the Internet it would occasionally skip a bit. It is mildly amusing to try to sing along and then suddenly have them a line ahead of you.

While having a snack, listening to a talk, Caleb lost track of reality and poured a glass of juice on his head. I am totally serious. It was really funny, though kind of distracting.

Phebe growled a lot. That is what she does.

Phebe also did the " Mexican underwear dance".

During the Sunday afternoon session Phebe was in bed. I finally got Naomi and Caleb to sit for a little while. ( They did EXCEPTIONALLY well during the morning session, but lets face it 8 HOURS worth of sit and listen is a LONG time. Especially if you are under 7 years old. ) A few minutes later I realized they had passed out. So  I got to sit and snuggle  sleepy kids while I listened to general authorities. Pretty awesome.

Then Caleb woke up and was completely irrational. There was a temper tantrum over the fact that Dad cut up the banana instead of mom.

Naomi is still passed out on the couch.

I love conference. I didn't as a kid,  but now I love it. So grateful for it.

1 comment:

  1. The first conference I can remember the talks actually MEANING something to me was when I was 7--It was Boyd K. Packer--I still love that talk (it was the first time he gave "Spiritual Crocodiles)--AWESOME!

    Being able to listen online at home makes it so much easier for us--food can occur whenever we need it, also rest breaks for the chronically short attention spanned (ie. Emma & Spencer!)

    ReplyDelete