Friday, April 1, 2011

Living in the city

So my house is located in the "city". It isn't terribly large, but it is more densely populated than the areas around.  There are some advantages to living here. Such as: I can get nearly anywhere I need to during the day by walking there, thus we only need one car most of the time.  I also have close neighbors, most of which I get along with, or don't talk to.

Another advantage of living where I do is trash pick up. Oh, I know most of you probably have regular garbage removal. However, in the city I put out piles of stuff. Somethings incredibly large. Then I call the garbage company and... someone takes it away before the garbage men ever see it. Every time.
 
I am having my house re -roofed right now. That means there is a giant dumpster that I am paying for outside. So I decided to take advantage of that and just throw out some other random stuff that has been around my house.I had a dehumidifier in my basement for 7 years. SEVEN. It was dead the entire time. Due to the freon inside I could not simply throw it out in the garbage. I  decided to take a chance on putting it out on the curb.

Fast forward 5 hours. Grandfatherly looking man has his elementary school age children rummaging around in my dumpster. When they are done they grab my dehumidifier and are on their way.

Why on earth did I let that thing sit in my basement for SEVEN years?!

Sometimes living in the city is awesome. Oh collectors of my junk, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment