Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Becoming childlike

I think it is so true when she says "children are the first to love, the first to forgive." I know sometimes I have said or done things to my own children that had someone else done that to me, I probably would have sulked for the rest of the day. But not children, as soon as I calm down, they come right back and want to hug me and be with me. Why do I make loving and forgiving such a big deal sometimes?

I also liked the line about " We should see and appreciate who they really are." Sometimes I think I want to stuff my kids in my little imaginary box. Why can't you just behave like this? Well, because that isn't that child is by nature.

"Becoming more childlike, helps us become more Christlike." They have qualities that are great examples. C.S. Lewis mentioned in The Great Divorce  one way children are so wonderful, "children ask questions to receive answers. Adults ask questions to make themselves feel intelligent."

And lest you think, "my child is a complete hellion. I don't know what you guys are talking about. My kid is terrible." Let me remind you at the end she said "Christ was the ONE perfect son." As in there are no other perfect children. It isn't just yours, mine are imperfect too. But they do teach me so much. I am grateful for them.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved the line about Children are the first to love and the first to forgive.

    ReplyDelete