Thursday, April 14, 2011

We need to heal him with a bunch of aloe

Random happenings from recent times.

Ethan took a business trip to Tulsa. Phebe took that as her cue to get pink eye and a stomach virus. Yay for sick baby! Today happened to be a well kid check up for she and Caleb. Turns out Caleb has two ear infections.

Then he examined Phebe. I am kind of weird about immunizations. I am all in favor of them, just not many all at one time, and not while they are newborns.  This post is not about shots however. I also don't want to give them to my kids when they are already sick. So I went in knowing full well that we were going to have to come back in a few weeks. So the Dr lays my pathetic little baby down and started to look her over. I knew she had a stomach problem going on. She hasn't really eaten anything for 2 days now.

He then announced she has two VERY swollen ear drums. Verging on rupturing due to the infection. Whoops. Didn't know about that one. So it was a great healthy kid check up, really.



Other moments lately include the acquisition of a new pet.

His name is Winky. He is a toad who apparently decided to have a battle with some other animal and lost one of his eyes.He also had a wound behind where his eye should have been.  He is full grown and less than thrilled to be in our tank.

This afternoon I found Naomi and Caleb taking care of him. They were breaking stalks of my aloe plants off and "healing our pet toad". They were poking the poor creature with aloe.

I am glad I have aloe (which if you are unaware, is very helpful in skin regeneration. I do not know if that works on amphibious skin however. ) I am also glad my kids know it is good for skin, know how to use it and were being "helpful." I doubt the toad was quite as grateful.

I also intend to write some blog posts about herbs for colds, herb oils and vinegars. Though, when that will happen, I don't know.

I also have had to deal with a bureaucrat lately. I try to be respectful, but to be honest, I don't understand the point of this man's job or why he has it. I had to get a building permit in order to reroof. Then the idea is after they finish roofing the city sends someone out to inspect it. Or at least that is the impression I was under. He always answers his phone within one ring, but never seems to get out to my house to check on it.  Then he says something like "By the end of the week'll be fine." What does that even mean? I need YOU to come do it. It isn't like some paperwork I am trying to get to you. Then he doesn't even see the need to tell me when he has finished it. I finally had to explain that we are waiting for the inspection before we hand over the final payment to the roofer. This poor man has been waiting, will you PLEASE come take a look at it already and if you don't want to call me, just knock on the door and tell me you are finished!?  I would like to be through already.

Those are my thoughts for the moment. Aren't you glad you could enjoy them too?

No comments:

Post a Comment