Monday, April 25, 2011

Pilots and cruises

Get yer text here.



Wow, very cool story about the man on the cruise. We are still in the section of conference specified for priesthood holders. However, this story, I believe can be applied to a lot of situations. How many things are we missing out on because we simply don't participate?

This is totally me- Revelation and testimony do not always come with overwhelming force. For many, a testimony comes slowly—a piece at a time. Sometimes it comes so gradually that it is hard to recall the exact moment we actually knew the gospel was true. The Lord gives us “line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little.” I am grateful for the things that I sincerely know. Sometimes it is hard to share an experience where you just gradually understand and know without necessarily a pivotal moment.

I really enjoyed his account of training pilots. Some continue to be thrilled as if it was the first time. Others seem bored and have grown immune to the experience. I think we all do that in some areas of our lives. I know sometimes I do it as a mom. At times I forget just how amazing my kids really are. How much richer could my life be if I realised how priceless they really are.






No comments:

Post a Comment