Friday, April 15, 2011

Facing the Future

I am not slacking on General Conference, honest. LDS.org was under maintenance for a while. You can find the text here.



I love this counsel. I am working on this counsel.  You parents bear the primary responsibility to strengthen their faith. Let them feel your faith, even when sore trials come upon you. Let your faith be focused on our loving Heavenly Father and His Beloved Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. Teach that faith with deep conviction. Teach each precious boy or girl that he or she is a child of God, created in His image, with a sacred purpose and potential. Each is born with challenges to overcome and faith to be developed. 
It is kind of intense to think of my children as precious to God, having a sacred purpose and potential. Terrifying to think they have challenges that THEY have to over come. I can't do everything for them. They are amazing. If you have children this applies to them too.

This line just made me smile. Warn them that they will encounter people who pick which commandments they will keep and ignore others that they choose to break. I call this the cafeteria approach to obedience.

This also makes me happy to think about. Your rewards come not only hereafter. Many blessings will be yours in this life, among your children and grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment