Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A birthday for the Bubs

My younger son turned 3 on Monday. I can't tell if he is popular or if he just has an easily remembered birthday. I do love his date 4/4/08. So easy to remember. Luckily his extended family stepped in to help celebrate because on Monday we wound up going and helping a long lost cousin of mine and his family move into town. Happy Birthday! We got you some new cousins!

So while I was outside talking to a neighbor ( a freak non-rainy moment) 2 cousins showed up to "say Happy birthday to Caleb!" So they watched Tangled with Naomi and Caleb, afterward there was much wrestling. Then while they were here my sister stopped by to treat him to lunch. Bringing along Caleb's favorite cousin, Mark. Lyssa came too.

I was astounded. I know I love him dearly.  He just melts my heart. I just didn't realise he had caught others up too. Here are some random facts about Caleb.

  • He never believed he was a baby
  • He never thought he was a toddler.
  • He was crawling at 5 months. He figured it out during a Relief Society meeting.
  • Walking at 9 months
  • Teeth at 3 months.
  • He is funny, so hysterically funny
  • He makes some of the greatest faces.
  • His father calls him "Bubs".
  • He currently has this crazy trick he does with his mouth. Go ahead follow these instructions, tell me if you can do it- I can't.
  1. Make fish lips.
  2. Now blow out, making a "raspberry" or "zerbert" sound. 
I honestly haven't the faintest idea how he does it. It is really funny though.

  • He is super ticklish.
  • He sounds like a chicken when he laughs really hard.
  • He has to be fed at LEAST every 2 hours. If you don't feed him with in two hours you will end up with Caleb's alter ego "the crying irrational puddle of sadness". Really, it is better to just have crackers and a cheese stick with you at all times.
  • He also have to get enough sleep or you may meet the Puddle of Sadness. He is really charming when he is happy, but you must keep him well rested to keep him happy.
  • He is rather bashful.
  • He keeps a list of people he is comfortable with. If you are not on that list, you do not exsist. If a kid he doesn't know shows up in nursery he simply retreats to the corner and looks at books. Getting on that list requires effort, or possibly a snack.
That is my son. He is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. The rules for frequent feeding and sleeping for happiness--he gets that from me!

    ReplyDelete