Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Some violin for Prism.

I "played" violin in school. I was never good at it, largely due to a lack of practice. OK,almost exclusively a lack of practice.

I really enjoy the sound of a good orchestra. Yes, Miss Prism, a lone violin, isn't generally impresssive. Frequently I feel as though violin solos are only meant to show off how good the violinist is, not actually sound melodic.

I wanted to share with you one of my favorite violinists. I don't know many. This is Vanessa Mae. She frequently plays the electic violin and is accompanied. Thus meaning she actually sounds good. (I own 3 of her cds thanks to my mother in law. )

This song is the one that got me interested in her music.


Please pardon the ridiculousness that is in these videos. Turn them on and then open a new page. Or just watch them and laugh a lot.


Nearly all of her online videos are live recordings. I do not like live recordings. If you are inclined to look up more there is pleny available on Youtube.



It's ok if you still hate violin at the end of this.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I actually really love this version of "Toccata & Fugue"--I am surprised! However, I can't imagine a universe where SmallDaughter sounds like that!

    Congrats on the perfect day--it really does sound heavenly! Also, kudos on solving the jet-pack dilemma. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete