Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Heaven

Yesterday I got a glimpse of what I think heaven will be like. It wasn't all white. There was no gold or harps. Just my family and peace.

Yesterday we all played in the backyard. ( OK minus my oldest since he had been invited to a friend's house .It would have been even better if he had been there.) We spent the afternoon and most of the evening out there. The kids splashed in the wading pool and climbed a tree. I picked and snapped the green beans while Ethan read aloud the book he had been reading to me. Naomi and Caleb ( who are notorious for fighting.) encouraged each other in their tree climbing efforts. They played nicely with Phebe in the pool. We ate a lot of fresh cherries.

I know it sounds simple. It was, but it was also heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment