Friday, July 29, 2011

Fireworks night

I have had some very cool experiences lately.That is why blogging hasn't happened much. I have been busy.


I live on a hill over looking the valley my town has settled into. During fireworks season we make some popcorn fill some water bottles and march over to the Dr's office nearby and watch from the parking lot. It gives a good view of the valley and of multiple fireworks displays going on in the area. My kids complain that it is too loud. It is more than a mile from any of the fireworks being set off. I think they are crazy. So this has been my experience of fireworks for approximately the last 7 years. Being far away and watching the city's display. It's been OK.

For Fathers day I got my husband tickets to a baseball game. Now don't go thinking I actually care about baseball, my husband doesn't either. But they did offer "all you can eat seats" at surprisingly cheap prices. So for a year now we had talked about going and I finally got tickets. Due to the awesomeness that is my accomplice in this plan, we were able to attend a fireworks night.

Zambelli fireworks in fact.

If you are unfamiliar with Zambelli you are really missing out. They do INCREDIBLE displays.
Zambelli Fireworks in Action

Ultra cool was that they set the fireworks off from a barge in the river. We happened to be along the wall of the stadium closest. There was a chain link fence in front of us and we could see the barge launching the fireworks. It was incredibly awesome.

Zambelli Fireworks in Action

Over the years of watching the little city display from a significant distance I had kind of dismissed how awesome fireworks are.

Zambelli Fireworks in Action

But that night I felt like a kid. It was so incredible.

Zambelli Fireworks in Action

I almost cried at how totally awe inspiring it really was. I wasn't wrong, fireworks really are amazing.

Zambelli Fireworks in Action




* I did not take these pictures myself. These are pictures from the Zambelli website. I am not that awesome of a photographer, plus I was enjoying the show, not documenting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment