Sunday, October 16, 2011

Peanut Butter

One of the bridal shower gifts I received was a giant cookie cook book. I think we have used about 3 recipes from it. The very first recipe in the book is for "Monster Cookies". That recipe alone make it worth owning that book. It is great. No flour, nearly a whole jar of peanut butter and lots of oatmeal. My husband has mastered it and gets lots of compliments about it. I just smile and say "Nope, Ethan made these. He sure is awesome isn't he?" (He is a baker. I put in token efforts occasionally.)
Monster Cookies VI Recipe
I love cookie dough. For a brief period of time my sister in law and her family lived with us. ( Yes, she is the mother of the boy who said thank you for his nipples.) She makes really yummy chocolate chip cookies. I personally prefer dough to cookie so she would let me have a little dish of dough. (She is very thoughtful.)

Of course when Ethan and I first tried this recipe we had to taste the dough before baking it. We learned monster cookies have terrible tasting dough. I do not know why it is so awful, but it is very undesirable.

It did not appear we were off to a good start on this kind of cookie.

We got to the baking step. When removed from the oven we tried some while they were hot. The cookies continued to be disappointing.

This is what we learned and hope you appreciate our wisdom being passed onto you.

Cookies  must cool down before you can taste the peanut butter.

Peanut butter cookies, peanut butter blossoms, monster cookies... anything that includes peanut butter will taste just kind of blandly sweet until it cools. I do not understand why, but I have tasted it over and over again.

So if you make a cookie that includes peanut butter and it is disappointing when you pull it out of the oven, give it a few minutes to cool. It will probably get better. Unless of course you did something like add too much baking soda, in that case call it a biscuit and put some butter on.

No comments:

Post a Comment