Tuesday, October 18, 2011

You matter

How can we go wrong with a title like "You matter to Him"?

Enjoy the text here.

The Lord uses a scale very different from the world’s to weigh the worth of a soul.

Given the vastness of God’s creations, it’s no wonder the great King Benjamin counseled his people to “always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness.”



But even though man is nothing, it fills me with wonder and awe to think that “the worth of souls is great in the sight of God.”


The vast expanse of eternity, the glories and mysteries of infinite space and time are all built for the benefit of ordinary mortals like you and me. Our Heavenly Father created the universe that we might reach our potential as His sons and daughters.

This is such a cool point to me.I wrote it down in my journal when I was taking notes.
This is a paradox of man: compared to God, man is nothing; yet we are everything to God.

Here are the two ways Satan skews our perception
The great deceiver knows that one of his most effective tools in leading the children of God astray is to appeal to the extremes of the paradox of man. To some, he appeals to their prideful tendencies, puffing them up and encouraging them to believe in the fantasy of their own self-importance and invincibility.
This is the one he finds most useful on me. I am going to work harder on making it ineffective.
Another way Satan deceives is through discouragement. He attempts to focus our sight on our own insignificance until we begin to doubt that we have much worth. He tells us that we are too small for anyone to take notice, that we are forgotten—especially by God.



What mattered to Him was that I was doing the best I could, that my heart was inclined toward Him, and that I was willing to help those around me. I knew if I did the best I could, all would be well.


I thought this line was just so poetic and beautiful.
The Lord doesn’t care at all if we spend our days working in marble halls or stable stalls.

Apostle Paul: “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”

May we be worthy of the precious blessings our Heavenly Father has in store for us is my prayer in the name of His Son, even Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment