Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy things

This is just another post of things that have happened recently that made me happy.

-The carrots from the garden grew big enough to bother eating AND tasted good. If you have ever tried to grow carrots you will understand my amazement at this feat. ( The trick is sandy soil.)

- Even though I am a terrible slacker my kids still had jack-o-lanterns tonight. My awesome cousin babysat for us on Saturday and instead of throwing them in front of the TV made mini pizzas and carved pumpkins with them. OK, so I did some of the carving today...

- We had stake conference this weekend. For the non-Mormons reading this, that means we had a big meeting with the other groups of our faith in this area. A 2 hour meeting. Sitting through 2 hours worth of meeting with 4 small children can be... um.. agonizing, at times. I am beaming about how well behaved every one of them was. They were positively incredible. Even Phebe, who at one point was singing loudly after the song was over. I told her "Sh, it is quiet time." She said "NO! QUIET! YOU QUIET!" There was lots of giggling all around us. But she did quiet down and started sitting peacefully with a woman she had not met before looking at the books I had brought for her. My kids are awesome.

- The electric bill was zero this month. They goofed last month so we are ahead.

- I enjoyed going out to dinner with my family tonight. They were well behaved and entertained everyone around them. Caleb doing his shy smiles, Phebe being Phebe, Naomi and Victor doing a fabulous performance of

The waitress thought they were quite entertaining.

This is probably my favorite part recently-
I LOVE sitting around talking to my husband. I love sitting on the couch listening to him. I love snuggling in bed talking about the day. I cherish the moments I have of basking in this attention. Last night we just sat on the couch and talked. It makes me so happy. I am so glad he let me get to know him.

What kinds of things have made you happy recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment