Friday, September 23, 2011

Memories

A long time ago, right here in my home, my Brother -in-law and his family moved in with my family. They had a little boy named Carl,  who was about 2 1/2 at the time. I would like to share two of my favorite memories of having him in my home.



While out gardening one day, Carl had a runny nose. I thought his mothers solution was quite brilliant. Since she and he were both dirty, she took a leaf off the ground and wiped his nose with it. I filed that away for sometime I would need it.

As we sat down for dinner a few days later, Carl reached his hand into the salad bowl, removed a lettuce leaf and blew his nose into it.

I almost died laughing.



Another incident occurred while sitting down to eat lunch. He was learning how to pray at this stage. Carl would say "Thank thee for...." and then just look around the room for random things he could see.

At that moment his prayer went something like this- "Thank thee for the window, and Ramon noodles, and birds." And since he happened to be shirtless at that moment he ended it with "Thank thee for my nipples."

I had to leave the room.

1 comment: