Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My packet of light

The first speaker on Saturday was Richard G. Scott. You can read  the text here.

I liked this thought-
Because scriptures are generated from inspired communication through the Holy Ghost, they are pure truth. We need not be concerned about the validity of concepts contained in the standard works since the Holy Ghost has been the instrument which has motivated and inspired those individuals who have recorded the scriptures.


How do you personally use the scriptures? Do you mark your copy?  
I had only occasionally been doing this.Since this talk I have had a pen and colored pencil close at hand. I do think I am getting more from it. I feel almost like I am on a hunt to find something to mark every time I read now.
 
The big thing I got from this talk was how he read the scriptures. For this reason I think listening to him speak is a good idea. I loved the inflection in his voice. I think sometimes scriptures seem so boring because they are read so blandly. I am going to work on trying to read with expression and emotion.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment