Friday, January 25, 2013

Little Monsters, but not mine.

Caleb asked me today what it would be like if we had two Phebes. That led to a discussion about what our family would be like if I had a double of each of my children. The end of the conversation went like this-

Me: That could get so confusing. Someone could say "Caleb was really good at church today and I wouldn't know which one they were talking about."
C: Yea, like if it was the Caleb in the green shirt or Caleb in the white shirt.
Phebe: I am Darth Vader.

***
I was introduced to a new app for the Ipad today. (I tune out almost anything that says "app" cause I don't care.) But this one was about an alphabet game. So I looked into it since I have kids still learning their ABC's.

iPhone Screenshot 1

I honestly think this is the best app that I have ever put on the iPad. It is called Endless Alphabet.
It also happens to be free. I approve. They go through each letter and have a word for it. Duh, how many letter games have done that? But how many use "Bellow" for the letter "B"? None that I have ever run into. It is funny and entertaining. They even give you a definition for each word after you reassemble it. 

Here is one of my favorite parts. I know a boy who is less than 3 years old who struggles with speaking. My son Victor asked me 3 times the other day how I knew what he was saying. (Sometimes I guess.) When you touch each letter in this game it makes the sound that goes with it. OK  It makes some seriously silly sounds that match the letter. I smiled a lot while I listened to these sounds. This very young man was actively making the sounds along with it. I was so excited and impressed. 

I realize most of my dear readers do not need an app for teaching the alphabet (it is great for vocabulary too) but if you are in a situation where it could be helpful please take the time to check it out. It is so good.



No comments:

Post a Comment