Monday, January 21, 2013

Just a bite of cupcake





We went to a family gathering last night. My husband's family gathers together once a month to celebrate the birthdays of family members born that month. After lots of food and talking it was time to sing happy birthday and then enjoy dessert. Instead of cake we had cupcakes. Phebe is still only 3 so she eats a cupcake by licking off all frosting and possibly sampling the cake followed by wondering away to do something else.

Oh... but wait... there is ice cream? Phebe definitely needs ice cream. Too bad Ethan and I both say not until you finish that cupcake you started. ( Horrible I know,- eat that cupcake!) She has no desire to eat cupcake and is doing a standard young 3 display of screaming no, stomping feet, etc... Sometimes if you offer to help her she switches gears and calms down. So I offer to help her eat it so she can move on to eating ice cream. Here, I'll take a bite and then you take a bite.

My intention was to hold the cupcake and take a bite. However, Phebe seized upon this brilliant plan and held the cupcake for me. She moved so fast that I didn't have much time to react when she managed to stuff the ENTIRE cupcake in my mouth.

I didn't know I could fit a whole cupcake in my mouth.

Ethan had watched the whole thing and was laughing hysterically. I was laughing too, but in a much more muffled tone.

Once more, let it be known, Phebe isn't dumb. She is quite an opportunist in fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment