Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Just a little visit

This evening I was able to go visit a really awesome lady from church. It really was something like "Can I come visit you this week?" And then she said "Yes, how about Tuesday?"

Then we sat around and talked for about 2 1/2 hours.

We laughed about silly kid things or ridiculous phone calls. We briefly about unpleasant things. We talked about taking care of kids, where her kids are in life and where my kids are. We talked about church. We enjoyed each other's company. I felt very uplifted when I left and pray that she did too.

Though it isn't always that long or even that formal this is what we call Visiting Teaching. All the ladies at church have two other ladies who are supposed to check in on them every month. Maybe that sounds intrusive. What if you don't even know that person? What if they are much older than you? What would you even talk about? What if you're lives are just so completely opposite you can't relate? But this person is supposed to come to your house every month?

Yes, that is the general idea.

Everybody needs a friend. When you take the time to sit down and talk to someone you have the chance to build a friendship. What if there are hard things going on in  your life and believe there is nobody out there who cares about you? Well, either you have taken the time to build that relationship or maybe now is the time to create it.

God does love each of us. He wants us to all have our needs met. Sometimes those angels are the people around us. He gave us a system where no one gets left behind. No one should fall through the cracks.

I have been asked to visit people that I seriously have nothing in common with. Or at least it seemed like it. No matter how different we all have Christ there. Even if there is literally nothing else you can build on your faith.

I am glad that I have had the opportunity to visit different ladies at church. They each have taught me neat lessons or lifted my spirits. I am grateful for the friendships that have been created and the opportunities that will continue by telling me " This woman is your new friend." Hopefully we will be a blessing to both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment