Thursday, June 2, 2011

Here are some of my thoughts from the day.

  • I love the library. I also love looking up a book before I show up and then knowing exactly where to go, thus speeding things up for my less than patient children.
  • Today's weather was perfect. Seriously. Perfect.
  • The green beans in my garden are doing fabulously.
  • My strawberries are growing so well. Mulch them in pine needles for bigger sweeter berries. I tell you it works.
  • Maintaining a level of cleanliness should be easier than a massive over haul. Why can't I remember that?
  • My son Caleb gives the best hugs.
  • My daughter Naomi can radiate bad attitude from 20 feet away.
  • A week when the weather is so hot you keep the fans on high all night long is an excellent week for having a broken dryer. At least I won't be using the electricity on the dryer. I will have to spend that money on the bills the fans bring in.
  • I recently finished the 3rd Hunger Games book. I really enjoy that series. It is so well thought out. I love the concept and how they each fight back in their own way. I also enjoy that although I may think I know how it will end, and maybe I'm right, she still throws in some serious curves. Whoa, wasn't expecting that.
  • Phebe can sing the "clean up" song. OK, so there aren't distinguishable words in there, but the melody and intent is definitely recognizable.
  • Pizza is positively one of my most favorite breakfasts.
  • Tomorrow is my son's last day of school. Yes, I am celebrating!
  • Today, I received a phone call saying not to allow my son to talk to school using a certain route that was only a few blocks from the school.  It was blocked off due to a show down with a SWAT team and a veteran suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. It was kind of a bizarre morning. 

1 comment:

  1. I too LOvE pizza in the morning. I'm actually eating it right now. (multi-tasking)

    ReplyDelete