Friday, January 7, 2011

Chiropractor

I finally gave in and went to a Chiropractor.( I haven't been to a Chiropractor in about 5 years now. And it was a one time shot.) My neck was way out of whack and was giving me serious headaches that didn't seem to dissipate on their own. I have a few thoughts on today's experience.

If you live in this area I HIGHLY recommend this particular practice.( If you want to know who they are just send me a message asking about them.)   There were things I didn't even think were worth mentioning to the Dr and after my evaluation he pointed them out to me. He even knew I had eaten too much sugar lately after working on me. After the initial exam he took out a grease crayon and drew all over a diagram of a skeleton to show me what was wrong exactly and where and why." This is trying to compensate for the misalignment over here...." He could even tell my rib cage was a bit compressed. That was something I was in constant agony over when pregnant. It isn't as big of a deal now, but I still find myself shifting on occasion to get relief.  I was soooooo impressed. Seriously, he was great at what he does.

I also forgot that this is never a one time fix. They always want you to come back. However, he did do a great job. It also doesn't hurt that my husband helped him out at some point in the past ( I was vaguely, aware of this) and he gave me an unexpected discount. Maybe I will be able to afford that follow up.

Lesson here- You can't keep secrets from a good Chiropractor. And I feel much better.

1 comment:

  1. I am a firm believer in chiropractic stuff. A good one knows - just like you said -. I have an awesome one (butler family chiropractcic - dr. chris) and he has actually put the curve back in my neck after an old injury caused the beginning of arthritis over 6 years ago. Glad you had a good experience. :)

    ReplyDelete