Thursday, April 18, 2013

Worms in the microwave


I was at a family gathering on Sunday. My sister's son Mark was there, he is 5. To say he loves bugs does not remotely give you an idea of the passion contained in him. When I arrived he excited dragged me outside to see "a urprise!" He walked me out to my mom's back porch where she had an old dead microwave she had just replaced. Inside said microwave was... rocks. Great big rocks, a stick and a dandelion. The real surprise was.... "Look a snuggly worm!"  Of course that worm was snuggly with rocks in a microwave.

***

When I was trying to teach Caleb how to spell his name I used the "Bingo" song and replaced the letters with Caleb's name. Caleb caught on pretty quickly how to say what letters are in his name ( we are still working on the writing it out part. ) Phebe also memorized this song quickly. Her letters fit very nicely in there too so I tried to teach her the letters that apply for her name. Sometimes she gets it, sometimes she doesn't. Sometimes you get songs like "P-h-l-e-b, P-h-l-e-b, P-h-l-e-b and Phebe is her name-o".

No comments:

Post a Comment