Thursday, April 4, 2013

Meet Max

I love my little Caleb . Today is his birthday. He and I had a fabulous trip to the library,just the two of us. On the way back we had this great conversation.

Me: Caleb, you are five years old. Why won't you wear underwear or socks?
Caleb: I don't like them. Why do you guys call me "Bubs" sometimes?
Me: it's just a fun nickname.
C: if I had a different nickname what would it be?
Me: um. I don't know. Do you have any ideas?
C: how about Max? I like Max. Maybe I would wear underwear if you called me Max.
Me: really? If I called you Max you would start wearing underwear? How about socks?
C: Socks?! No! I won't wear socks!

So Caleb named Max might give in on underwear.Maybe there is some ultimate nickname that will
inspire socks AND underwear.

2 comments:

  1. At least summer is coming, socks won't be as necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex couldn't STAND socks or underwear. I (eventually) figured it out that he has some sensory issues. Socks were actually the easy part--he can wear them as long as they are turned inside out so the "toe line" doesn't rub on his feet. Huh. who knew?

    ReplyDelete