Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Come back....

So Naomi (my 7 year old, 1st grader) gets lost sometimes. Not physically. She just leaves her body and her mind wonders off. (She is reading this over my shoulder and agrees with this statement.) Naomi just spaces out randomly. This can make getting ready for school difficult. In fact that is about the only negative comment her teacher has ever given me "occasionally needs reminders to stay on task.

My sweet neighbor offered her a ride to school a few weeks ago. She accepted. while putting on her coat she zoned out. She was gone. Finally the neighbor asked her if she was ready to go. When she comes back from these adventures she does a funny little shake to snap out of it. When she was shaking back to us the neighbor mistook it as Naomi telling her "no", she didn't want to go with her. I had to step in and explain Naomi had just been in a trance and was coming back.

Luckily this hasn't caused any serious problems as of yet. It makes me laugh most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment