Saturday, April 5, 2014

Guess who, Take 3!

The answer is...

 
D. Todd Christofferson.

Here is an address of his from a previous conference.

***
Next up...
Who am I?

  • I was born August 5, 1922, in Logan, Utah
  • I was committed to perfect attendance at church. One Sunday I was sick with tonsillitis, and my parents decided the attendance record would have to be broken. All members of the family left for Church except my mother and me. But the family was surprised to see us enter the chapel a few minutes after the meeting had started.
  • Currently, he is the third most senior and oldest living apostle in the church.
  • Among the neighborhood boys, I was the leader. No umpires were needed for our ball games because of my ability to arbitrate disputes.
  • I attended Utah State Agricultural College in Logan, Utah, (now Utah State University), Utah.
  • I then served a mission to the Northern States, where i gained a great love for the Book of Mormon.
  • Weeks after returning from my mission, I was drafted into military service and volunteered for the Marine Corps. I was among the first of the occupation troops to enter Japan after World War II.
  • While experiencing the passing of my wife in 1974, my daughter in 1983, and two of my grandchildren, I relied on my faith in a loving Father in Heaven.
  • My son, spoke of the times he accompanied me as a timekeeper on speaking assignments while I was a high councilor in the Sacramento area. “He would give me his watch, and I would sit in the center of the congregation, a few rows from the front. We used the signs of the three monkeys—see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil. If he wasn’t standing straight, I would cover my eyes. If he was speaking too loudly, I would cover my ears, and just before his time was up, I would cover my mouth,”
  • My professional career was spent in the retail business, where I served as vice president and treasurer in companies located in Idaho, California, New York, and Massachusetts.
  • On July 18, 1947, I married Virginia Lee of Hyde Park, Utah, in the Logan Temple.
  • We have 3 children,
  • I became an apostle April 6, 1974.
  • I became a fan of the Boston Red Sox and I threw out the first pitch at a Red Sox game on May 8, 2004.
  • I was able to help my volley ball team win the championship thanks to my enthusiastic attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment