Thursday, April 24, 2014

Because of Him

In an effort to put important things first and to teach my kids good habits, for the last month we have been having personal scripture study time for each kid after family prayer.

The problem with this particular scenario is that only two of the five are independant  readers. So that means Caleb and Phebe need someone to read with them.  Right now we have been reading from some illustrated scripture reader books.

Phebe likes the New Testament. She looks through each night to find the portion she wants to read. Each night she chooses the crucifixtion. After a few days of only this choice I started to add the portion of Christ's ressurection in to remind here the story doesn't end at his death.

I began to feel a bit concerned about her seemingly morbid consistent selection.

One night as we sat down to read I finally asked her why she liked reading about when Jesus died. "Because it is important. He died so I can live with Heavenly Father again."

So tonight and tomorrow and most likely each night in my foreseeable future I know what we will read. And I will no longer be concerned, only touched.


No comments:

Post a Comment