Friday, April 4, 2014

Guess who, take 2!


The answer was....

 M. Russell Ballard! You can find more about him here. 

Here is one of his talks from a previous general conference.

***
Alright, let's get to know our next church leader. Here are your clues-


Who am I?

  • I was born January 24, 1945.
  • I was born in was born in American Fork, Utah.
  • I was raised in Pleasant Grove, Utah; Lindon, Utah and Somerset, New Jersey. 
  • I served a mission in Argentina.  Richard G Scott was my mission president.
  • I earned a bachelor's degree from Brigham Young University and a J.D.from Duke University School of Law.
  • I began his law career as a law clerk to Judge John J. Sirica during the Watergate hearings.
  • I worked as a lawyer in Washington, D.C.; Nashville, Tennessee; Herndon, Virginia; and Charlotte, North Carolina.
  • I married Katherine Jacob in the Salt Lake Temple in 1968.
  • My wife and I are the parents of five children.
  • I served as the executive director of the Family and Church History Department of the LDS Church. While I was in this position I was involved with negotiations with Jewish leaders on policies on temple work for Holocaust victims, which emphasized that church members should only do such temple work for family members. 
  • On April 5, 2008, during the solemn assembly session of the church's general conference when Thomas S. Monson was sustained as church president, I was sustained as a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
  • As a teenager living in Somerset, New Jersey, I participated in the cast of the Hill Cumorah Pageant near Palmyra, New York, for two summers.
  • One night during the summer working at the pageant I decided to find out for myself if the church was true. I went to the Sacred Grove alone and prayed. Nothing happened. A month later, as I was reading the Book of Mormon, I received my answer. “Without my asking for it, the witness came.”
  • When I was 13 my mother had a very serious surgery that limited her ability to do things. Knowing how much she loved home made bread I asked my grandmother to teach me how to do it. For years I continued to make bread for my family.

1 comment: