Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Planning for the Future

My daughter has officially turned 5 years old. It is kind of intense. How did we get here this fast?


Today at lunch she was pondering over the future.
She said to me "I don't know who I am going to marry mom."
Me-"Was there anyone you were thinking about?"
Naomi -" I was thinking about  'Scott Wheeler'"
(Scott happens to not the the real name of the adult she is referring to. He also happens to be about 32 years old.)
Me- "Oh yeah? Why do you think he would be good for marrying?"
Naomi- "Well, he has a dog. And if I married him, I could have a dog!"

She knows what is important to her. She's got a list she is checking guys against.

1 comment:

  1. She's way ahead of a lot of girls I know who are getting married--and THEN they start asking questions and finding out the answers AFTERWARD.

    ReplyDelete