Saturday, November 20, 2010

Airport Security Here! Put your clothes in this bin, please!

Ok. So now when you fly you get to be subjected to a full body scan, in which they look through you clothes and stare at you naked. The other option is a full body pat down. Neither sounds all that appealing to me. I personally think things have gone completely insane that you have to be felt up or stripped  ( by a machine, I know no one is removing your clothes) to board a plane.

Here are my thoughts on the subject.  (As always I am here to fulfill your need of my thoughts in your life.)

Let's start with the facts.-
There are evil people in this world.
They want to hurt us.
They have found airplanes to be a very effective tactic for inflicting terror.
There are people who think they are doing the right thing by "protecting" us with things like the scanners.

Here is a commonly forgotten fact.-
Where there is a will, there is a way.

I know we would all like to believe that now that you can see everything we will all be safe.

That is what we have thought through previous security level raises. At least what we were told anyway. Now that we have X-ray machines, nothing can get through. And metal detectors. And our quart sized baggies, and shoe removal procedures. The lack of cologne. We have done it! We can all fly safely now!

But then we weren't.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

There are people who seriously have a WILL to hurt innocent people. Sad, I know, but that doesn't stop it from being true.

They will eventually find a way. They always do. They will find some crazy, and creative way to get something through security and hopefully be foiled before there is a problem.

The point is though, they will simply find some way.

What is there left to do security-wise? You are already staring at us NAKED. There isn't much more left. There isn't ANYTHING left. Do we just fly nude after the next attempt? Is an INTERNAL exam requirement for flying to visit your mother for Thanksgiving soon? Colonoscopies free at the airport with the purchase of a ticket!

Just make sure you get there 9 hours early. It might take a while for them to help everyone. Then again, I don't know how many people will be flying by then.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally cool with it, I want to know that every single person trapped on that plane with me isn't pulling something crazy. The ultra high res photos you see around the internet a lot aren't what most airports are using. Their more grainy cousin still gets the job done, but isn't quite so revealing. After checking out the pics, I'm still for the scanning, I just kinda wanna lose 20 pounds before my trip.

    ReplyDelete