Monday, November 8, 2010

I have a good life.

Here are a few things that I really enjoy-

  • The way a baby breathes when they get all excited.
  • My toddler who wants to be taken seriously, even though he is wearing a chicken costume.
  • My daughter who can make up a new language with amazing efficiency.
  • The same daughter who told me she couldn't come help with the dishwasher because "the (stuffed) animals NEED me."
  • How completely wound up my toddler gets right before bedtime. He cracks me up.
  • I put up a paper to start making a list of things my family is grateful for. Before I had the opportunity to work with the family, my school age son just started writting his own personal list.
  • My husband is enjoying the book on CD I got from the library. ( Now if I had a disc resurfacer to fix the scratched ones...)
  • A clean kitchen.
  • How hard it is to play hide-and-seek while holding a baby. Especially a baby who likes to grab the door you are hiding behind and swing it back and forth while squealing in anticipation of being found.
  • When my kids accomplish what I asked them to, without me hunting them down to get it done.
  • The comment my toddler said when I walked into the kitchen to find milk flowing off the table. When I looked down at the bowl full to the brim with milk and 4 total rice crispies he asked me "Is this too much mom?"
  • My son loves going to school and is doing well.
  • Th same son has such patience. He has had the same lose tooth for weeks now. He doesn't bother to wiggle it. He just leaves it alone. What child leaves a lose tooth alone?
  • I can visit other people who have pets, but don't have to clean up after one myself.
  • My menu that is all planned out.
  • The trip to the temple and the things that I learned.
  • My food storage.
  • When I can help other people.
  • When I can include my children in helping people.
  • The 1lb package of Peanutbutter Cups my Brother-in-law gave us. Yes, each cup is 8 oz.
Yes, my life is good.

3 comments:

  1. The comment my toddler said when I walked into the kitchen to find milk flowing off the table. When I looked down at the bowl full to the brim with milk and 4 total rice crispies he asked me "Is this too much mom?"

    hahahaha

    Also, might be able to resurface your discs by rubbing them gently with toothpaste and a soft cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would enjoy an 8oz peanut butter cup. I loved it when my children were the toddler age. It was hard and sometimes I couldn't see the best side of it, but they were so funny. Luckily, I'm also loving the almost a teenager ages too. Children really are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are enjoying the phase you are in--rather than waiting for some "better" future time. Also, we LOVE your kids.

    It drives me CRAZY when mothers wish "that their babies would stay little forever"--trust me--NOT FUN! In fact, being held forever in one place is the true definition of being damned/dammed. Enjoy their growth.

    ReplyDelete