Friday, November 12, 2010

It's mine

Sometimes I am a really selfish mom. Such as when I want to eat the whole slice of pizza without sharing. Yes it is the last one. No there is no more. You should have grabbed it from the fridge before me if you wanted it.

My husband is so much nicer about that stuff. He actually shares.

Sometimes I feel guilty when I listen to other people talk about how much  mothers give up for their children. There are things I give up. But I don't give up everything every time. Sometimes it is mine.

This post would make my husband laugh because I mooch off of him. I am willing to share with him everything all the time though....

1 comment:

  1. HA! I'm glad to know it isn't just me! I think if my children were starving, I would give them my food, but since we aren't--I am not about to share my Lindt Chocolates with them!

    I also want them to learn about how to do things for themselves--I think it is actually a dis-service to do everything for them. (Andi went on 1 date with a guy who mentioned his mother ironed all of his clothes--including jeans and underwear!, and all of the sheets and pillowcases. I wonder if he ever did get/stay married!???)

    ReplyDelete