Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Things I like

There are a lot of things that make me smile as I go through my day. I am hoping some of them will help you smile too.

  • Reading "Hand, Hand, Finger, Thumb" and "Happy Hippo, Angry Duck" to my 2 year old, over and over again. Those books are fun to read and make me smile. I love when she tries to read along with me.
  • Caleb telling me " I know my teacher's phone number. Only I can't remember the numbers."
  • Naomi is taking hockey lessons right now. Her prayer the other day had me grinning. "..... Grateful that sometimes we don't know everything. Like I didn't know that I was going to love hockey as much as I do. Thank you that I  get to go to practice tonight because it is so fun...." It as a dinner prayer. So what if we get a bit off subject.
  • Victor thinks it is fun to hang out in the kitchen with me while I listen to the "Lightning Thief" series on CD. I have gotten him to do things like unload the dishwasher and help clean up since he just wants to hang out in there.
  • Phebe standing there wearing boots about 10 sizes too big trying to get me to read a book to her during scripture study. No, it isn't the interruption I enjoy, it is that she doesn't realise how goofy she looks in the boots and just wants to be a big kid.
  • My husband told me I was a good cook.
  • Phebe walking around looking for my cousin who babysat her earlier in the day. "Kaaaatttte.... Where are you? Kaaaaaaaaaattttttttte!"

I love my family and I love being a mom. I love that I am now the one with magic kisses to heal everything. I am the one whose attention is desired above all else. I love how funny my family is. So often I feel like I have this fantastic secret in my house. You have to come over and then I will share it with you. The secret of my awesome family.

No comments:

Post a Comment