Monday, February 21, 2011

Cold

I don't like being cold. In fact I rather detest the sensation. I find it painful after a while. Give me hot weather any day. I do run into the problem of location however. I live in Pa. Winter is a very obvious and distinct season here. It gets cold. It snows. It stays cold. It gets dark and dreary. I chose to stay in my house, a lot.

This year I have paid more attention to things around me. I have realised there are an awful lot of people that I should be grateful for. People I don't even know. They go about their work keeping things running and it never even occurs to me what would happen if they didn't. In this weather I am particularly grateful for the work I do not have to do myself, and for the people who do get it done. Such as:

  • Garbage collectors
  • Water line repair people
  • The cart return guys
  • Phone, electric, Internet line repair people
I don't want to get a freezing cart. I don't want to go with out electricity if some emergency happens.I don't want to go without water. Or have my garbage pile up until spring. I am sure that there are MANY more jobs that are outside and that really benefit society. I am grateful that I am able to stay comfy and cozy in my little house while other braver, self- warming people work outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment