Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bettering myself.

I have some things I have decided to work on. Since you are so desirous to know what I am doing I will graciously fill you in.

  • My older 2 children know the Articles of Faith pretty well. So we are going to move on to the 10 commandments. After that I think we will move on to scripture mastery. Seriously, how long can the 10 commandments take to master?
  • I have a quilt that I need to just finish. Someone needs to show up with a lump of twin sized batting so I can assemble and then take pictures of the cutest quilt in existence.
  • I have decided I need to crochet myself a hat sometime this year. My dear friend Jem made me the CUTEST hat in the entire world. I lost it. I nearly cried. I want it back, or to make a cool one like it.
  • Tomorrow I will start the rereading the Book of Mormon, the Portuguese translation. So excited. So intimidated.
  • I am now a teacher at church. I teach the 14-15 year old girls. I have only taught 2 Sundays, but I LOVE it. I am looking for fun ways to get them excited. I hate being lectured. I want discussion. I want ideas, I want participation. I want energy. I also want them to interact with each other. Every Sunday it is like they see each other for the first time. None of them seem to be friends with each other. I am excited about my calling. Especially since it is generally a Sunday only thing, I don't have to go to all the midweek stuff.
  • I have an "herb for the ailments" class coming up in April. I love those classes.
I am off to read some classic literature now. Around the world in 80 days, by Jules Verne is calling. Thus far I would highly recommend it.

3 comments:

  1. I've been counting how many times I can say and mean "Thank you", in the hopes of spending more time looking for things to be grateful for. So far my best is only 8, but I'm working on it. I got a fridge calender like yours, and I've been marking it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoAnn's is having a batting sale. 50% off. The sale ends tomorrow. 2-21-2011/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read "Teaching No Greater Call". It's AWESOME. I have included reading it one day a week in my gospel study plan, and so far I am really enjoying it. Also, Jules Vern is amazing. That is all.

    ReplyDelete