Monday, November 4, 2013

So sweet

I have a confession that may surprise you.

I don't really like infants that much.

Yes, I have five children ( still getting used to that. It is a bit wierd.)  The baby stage is not my favorite. I was excited about another child, not so much being care taker for someone completely helpless. I find the lack of verbal communication among other limitations babies have very taxing some times.

However, here are some of my favorite things about the extremely young.

I love little baby feet. I love that the skin is so smooth and soft since they don't walk. I love how they curl ther toes around your finger if you press on the ball of their foot.

I love the soft fine hair they have.

I love the new born smell.

I love that Changing a new borns diaper is not a big deal.

I love the bright eyes that peer out at you, soaking life in this world in.

I love, most of the time, that they love being cuddled. That they just crave their care takers touch and
affection. That just holding them can be such an easy fix often.

Along those lines I love that they can sleep nearly anywhere and through everything.

I love that sometimes you can just put them back to sleep by patting on their back.

I love the sweaty little curls my kids have when they wake up from a nap sometimes.

And how they use their little fingers to reflexively grab at things while you feed them.

I love how innocent and peaceful they are while asleep.

However, there are few things I love more, or think is more adorable than a baby frown. No one can frown as well as a baby. I don't like the crying or screaming, but that warning frown is so cute

Trumping a frown though, is a smile or even better a giggle. My goodness, seeing your baby smile at you or listening to that new giggle makes that night I was up until five a.m. worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment