Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The End

So off and on I have considered getting off of Facebook. This morning I was an emotional wreck and just decided to do it.

It felt great. Yes, I wasn't exactly rational when I made that decision. However it isn't the first time I have considered it and I am rational right now and happy that I did.

I can't say that I have any one fantastic reason to be done. I honestly think it just boils down to I spend too much time there and am missing out on too many more important things.

I am done missing out.

I don't want my kids to think that Facebook is more important than them.

I don't want my husband to feel like he is less important.

I don't want God to be pushed aside so that I can sit and hope I have some new notification.

I am sure that most of you are perfectly good at balancing your time there. I have had some really good experiences. It has been fun to keep in touch with people I wouldn't otherwise be in contact with. I hope I have been an influence for good. Sadly I know I have typed and posted things that I later regretted. I will probably continue to do that sometimes. I hope I will get over saying stupid things someday.

I don't want to completely cut off contact with those of you I am friends with on Facebook. I will continue to keep this blog going and sincerely hope that you will keep reading it. I love it when you comment and encourage you to do so.

I also hope you might decide to write a blog so that I can see what you have to say outside of the addictive world of Facebook.
***
And to end on a silly note -

This evening while reading scriptures Ethan asked Phebe if she would like a turn to "read" a verse.
Phebe: I'm a crocodile.
Ethan : Yes or no Phebe.
Phebe: No.... said the crocodile.

1 comment:

  1. OOH! Good for you! I keep considering it (I can quit anytime, says the addict!)

    ReplyDelete