Saturday, May 18, 2013

That smile

All I wanted this morning was to sit down and read my scriptures and write in my journal uninterrupted while my kids played in the backyard. I can't say that is what I got.

While sitting in my chair at one point Caleb snuck in the basement door and joyfully threw a handful of dried leaves at me. Sweet Caleb, so thoughtful. I definitely needed to be covered in dried leaves while I read.

Victor came in and sprawled  on the floor occasionally asking me questions.

My favorite moment however was when Caleb came back again and we had this conversation.

Caleb: Mom, can we get the hose out and water your plants?
Me: No, not while I am inside.
C: Why mom?
Me: Because I know that you are just going to fill up that hole you dug with water and then cover the slide with mud.
Then comes that smile that just melts me. It is just so cute and mischievous, and sadly so few people ever see it.
C: Why can't we cover the slide with mud mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment