Monday, May 20, 2013

My Ramen Noodles are burning

While I changed my clothes after church several of my children happily ate Ramen Noodles. My husband Ethan sat work next to them working on the computer.

Phebe walked in looking very upset and Ethan asked her what was wrong.

Phebe:( in an incredibly sad voice.) My Ramen noodles are burning.

So Ethan went to the microwave where he found an entire package of noodles intact that had simply been thrown in and turned on.

In case you don't remember, the seasoning packet is made of foil. Apparently there were flames involved.

Poor Phebe was distraught. I prepared a pack for her and turned on the microwave. She was backing away and whimpering. We talked about what went wrong and she saw that noodles in a bowl of water do not catch fire. She calmed down and was back to being her crazy self.

I admit, I had no idea what would happen if you threw an unopened package in.

No comments:

Post a Comment