Monday, May 20, 2013

Believing

A while back my church had general conference. It is where the leaders of our church spend a weekend speaking to the members, or anyone else who happens to tune in. As a child my only real thoughts on conference consisted of "I get to sleep in this weekend!" I have since matured a bit and actually like listening to the speakers now. I may share more of the talks but for now if I can only pick one talk to share with you it is this one. This talk just touches my heart so deeply. This is Jeffery R Holland. He does such a good job of making me feel like he truly understands me and my personal life. He is amazing. Please, please take the 15 minutes it takes to listen to him talk. You can find the full text of this talk here.




The size of your faith or the degree of your knowledge is not the issue—it is the integrity you demonstrate toward the faith you do have and the truth you already know.

This line just makes me smile-
please don’t hyperventilate if from time to time issues arise that need to be examined, understood, and resolved. They do and they will. In this Church, what we know will always trump what we do not know. And remember, in this world, everyone is to walk by faith.

Oh, how true this is. It really struck a chord in me.
So be kind regarding human frailty—your own as well as that of those who serve with you in a Church led by volunteer, mortal men and women. Except in the case of His only perfect Begotten Son, imperfect people are all God has ever had to work with. That must be terribly frustrating to Him, but He deals with it. So should we.

He tells a wonderful story about a 14 year old boy and how this boy "only believes". It makes me cry. I hope you listen to the talk. I think it was too long to post here. It is beautiful. 
Hope on. Journey on. Honestly acknowledge your questions and your concerns, but first and forever fan the flame of your faith, because all things are possible to them that believe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment