Wednesday, August 31, 2011

'Round here

Recent happenings:

  • My husband did a lot of digging.
  • I carried a lot of dirt.
  • We leveled out a part of our yard yesterday in hopes of preventing water from coming in the basement.
  • My daughter is having constant nightmares. I could live without this. Every night 1 am. Thanks.  Not the terrors, we got those under control. I have resorted to talking her through some beautiful scene to think about. It seemed to be working we had 2 nights in a row without any visits. Too bad it is an hour after she went to bed and I have had to send her back twice already. Maybe we aren't as far along as I thought.
  • Hockey lessons ended. So sad.They were lots of fun. I improved tremendously.  We are going to take ballroom dance lessons.  Waltz and foxtrot are the main dances in this session. Later we will go back to hockey.
  • My yard has become kid central. Not only are my kids here, there are the grandchildren of the next door neighbor. Then you can throw in the child from a block away, plus the 3 kids on the corner. OK, so that isn't enough for you? How about the neighbor on the other side whose 2 grandchildren snuck away to hang out at my house. I only let them in the yard after making sure Mom knew where they were. Today we had 4 kids from the bus stop over after the bus came. It is kind of nice the kids are getting older and stress me out less.
  • School started. I officially have 2 children in school. My life is ruled by the bus schedule now. Get kids on bus. Get kindergartener off a few hours later, get 2nd grader off a few hours after that. Good thing I don't have plans of doing ANYTHING all school year.
  • Took the 2 little ones to the park and played in the creek. It was good.
  • My second grader is addicted to Calvin and Hobbes

Calvin and Hobbes

Calvin and Hobbes

No comments:

Post a Comment