Friday, December 12, 2014

Efficient

I should use my time wisely.

That is true. I absolutely need to use my time wisely. Do I always? Um. No. Try to? Most of the time.

I feel like becoming a mother has helped me become more efficient. Got 5 minutes? Quick, wash the dishes. I can get some jobs done so much faster then I could previously. I really think some of motherhood is learning to use time efficiently.

Conversely, I also realized that being a mom is learning to embrace the inefficient sometimes.  When your child wants to help make cookies or wash dishes, it certainly won't get done faster.

Yesterday I think it took a record long time to bag groceries. But why rush when the 14 month old is having a fantastic time figuring out how to get each item into a bag? Efficient? Nope. Not at all. Worth while? Yup. Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment