Friday, December 19, 2014

Why?

Imagine working in the kitchen, sorting laundry, etc. The children are "happily playing" in the other room. Then you hear the thud and the crying, sometimes followed by accusations and possible tattling. 

Then repeat. 

This scene happens some days way more times then I would like. 

The other day while making dinner this scene played again, and again. 

Each time growing more annoyed at how hard it seems to be to play together. I didn't say build the great pyramids, I said play! Why is this so hard?

I asked myself " Why is it so hard to just be nice to each other? Why do you have to keep hurting your brother or sister?"

And then a thought came to mind "I bet Heavenly Father feels that way too. Why is it so hard to be nice to each other? Why do you have to keep hurting each other?"

I am not sure why it is so hard to be nice, but it sure is sometimes. But that doesn't mean I always need to go with easy.

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting to me how often Heavenly Father teaches me in that way. I so often catch myself thinking things like, "Why didn't you listen to what I said?" "Why didn't you just do it the way I told you to?" "I'm not doing this to be mean, it's because I know it will be better for you" "Please just take this nice thing I am trying to give you!"
    . Then I realize that Heavenly Father must want to say those exact same things to me.

    ReplyDelete