Friday, March 21, 2014

Catch him!

. I am that awesome mom who does NOT send in treat bags for the whole class for Halloween, Christmas, Valentines Day, Easter or any other day. I send in a snack when it is our snack day. Most of the decorating for holidays is Naomi's department. That girl asked me to decorate for Christmas in September last year.

As you can see holidays are a weak area for me.

However,  the school is good at making St. Patrick's day a big deal.

They set traps for leprechauns.Of course they never catch one, but the little men make a mess in the classroom. This of course inspires my children to make their own traps at home.

Phebe came to the kitchen while I was cooking and raided the silverware drawer. She gave me some explanation that I forgot. Later Naomi invited Ethan up to see the trap they had set.

So without further delay I present their leprechaun traps.

 This is a laundry basket lined with a blanket with shiney silverware as bait.
This is a hanger with a chain dangling from it to force the tempted leprachaun to fall into that basket. (Sorry for the poor photo quality.)




On the other side of the room we  have popsicle sticks with coins carefully balanced. When disturbed the culprit will be dropped into this suit case covered with a blanket and also lined with ever tempting silverware.

 There. I hope you feel more capable of building your own trap. Though the success of these traps was kind of minimal. The trickster stole a bunch of our silverware and left a message that said "HA!" I guess they are hard to catch after all.

1 comment:

  1. our leprechaun traps always consist of a cat carrier, a long rope, pennies for bait, and a spatula. I dont know why the spatula is important, but I blame Emily Britain school for me having to buy a new spatula every year because mine gets lost. somewhere there is a very happy leprechaun with a stash of spatulas. your kids are creative in the trap department. :)

    ReplyDelete