Thursday, October 17, 2013

If you would just sleep...

So my nearly 4 year old doesn't want to take naps any more.

I disapprove. Yes, I know lots of you have children that are much younger that have stopped taking naps. I like taking a nap myself and I can't just have her wondering around the house by herself. Plus I just had a baby so napping is really important right now as baby and I recover and figure out sleeping at night.

This afternoon I had finally drifted off to sleep for a few minutes when I heard Phebe calling me. So I went to check on her. She had stayed in her room where she was supposed to be. She had even been moderately quiet. However, we now had a problem.

"I have a circle in my ear."

What? Let me see.

Yes, that is indeed a circle in her ear. I thought it was a piece of a foam puzzle. I got the tweezers and tried to remove it. Nope. Not squishy enough to grab. And dang it! It keeps moving in farther every time I try to remove it. So the neighbor was called to watch Caleb and Ruby and get kids off the bus if I wasn't home in time and off the two of us went to the doctor's office.

Keep in mind I had just taken Ruby in the day before for a check up. I think Phebe just felt left out since she hadn't come along.

The Doctor thanked me for not shoving the round wooden bead farther into her ear canal and then we were on our way.

And no, you may not have a lollipop for this stunt. Foreign objects in your anatomy does not earn a reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment