Monday, August 26, 2013

Still isn't in the book

The children's organization at my church is called primary. Each week they get together and learn songs about Jesus and have lessons about His gospel. When I was in primary we had a weekly ritual that to this day made me laugh.

Each week our song leader would ask what song we would like to sing. My little class of girls asked for this song. It is called a Child's Prayer. I love this song very much.

On the other hand, one of the little boys without fail would ask for Welcome to the Jungle by Guns and Roses.
OK, that isn't the official video and it doesn't even have lyrics, but I think it is a neat performance. Plus you can see how a bow can take a beating.

That was our weekly ritual. Now every time a child requests A Child's Prayer in the back of my mind I hear Sister Hartung saying " Sorry Eric, Welcome to the Jungle is still not in the hymn book."

1 comment: