Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My agenda - their agenda

Today is a fantastic day!

It snowed a lot last night and there is a beautiful, thick, wet blanket of great snowman building snow out there.  School was canceled. So after a fabulous breakfast of bacon cooked by Naomi and a quick " cleaning" of bedrooms it was time to wrestle on snow clothing.

In addition to great snow, the temperature is " warm", relatively speaking...

So we tromped and built and I learned something. As a adult I tend to focus on the end product. " Let's build...!" So we would. We built three snowmen and a giant snow chair. Kids however are more about the process. After these things are built the only thing left to do is destroy them.  We did have three snowmen. Then Caleb ran and tackled his at full speed. Later I looked at snowman number to to find that someone must have kicked his second tier right off.  The largest of the the Naomi and I had worked on. After dragging Phebe around on a sled I realized that Naomi had stabbed a broom handle through the center and was seeing how big she could make the hole. 

My silly adult brain wanted to proudly present these creations to the neighbor and Ethan when he came home. The kids didn't care about anyone seeing their handiwork. It really is all about the process not the product. I have seen this with paint or with clay. Who cares what you end up with?  The fun is in doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment