Thursday, October 25, 2012

An autumn outing

While everyone else is awesome and takes their kids to the pumpkin patch, I was happy I took the time to let my kids ride bikes in the peaking lot across the street.

Tonight's adventure went something like this:


  • All children happily riding various wheeled things around.
  • Older kids show up, snickering and being obnoxious. Eventually they realize that that six year old on a skateboard is pretty good. They leave.
  • More wheeling around. Caleb is really getting his balance on the bike.
  • Stray cat shows up.
  • Naomi and Caleb attack cat. Lots of cuddling, loving and dragging around.
  • Phebe joins the action. Victor just loves riding bikes.
  • I eventually teach them how to pet the cat without bodily harm to it.
  • Happy petting
  • Then crazed petting and my declaration that they need to go play and leave cat alone.
  • Victor then clips Naomi in the back, knocking her over.
  • Crying and comforting commence.
  • I look up to realize the cat has lured Phebe into following it and now my two year old is I the street with a car coming.
  • I start yelling, car stops , Phebe comes back with her head hung low. She is in trouble and she didn't even get the cat.
  • Caleb immediately decides that he too should go down the grassy hill that leads to the street.
  • Too bad he can't really ride the bike so he loses control and crashes in the street.
  • Not just in the street, the storm drain and he can't get  the bike out.
  • More riding. 
  • Phebe pushes mom around on Caleb's bike.
  • Victor's bike chain falls off.
  • We go home to eat ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. now THAT is an eventful evening. :) all we did was put our giant spider web up on our porch.

    ReplyDelete